Definition of 'car keys'
Example sentences containing 'car keys'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
You see, the neighbours were away, and Milt had duplicates of their car keys. THE UNORTHODOX MURDER OF RABBI MOSS (2002)He slipped off his white coat and, reaching for his car keys, headed purposefully for the door. GRACE (2002)
Trends of 'car keys'
Used Occasionally. car keys is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'car keys'
British English: car keys /kɑː kiːz/ NOUN
Car keys are a set of keys that you use to lock and unlock a car and to start and stop its engine.
- American English: car keys
- Arabic: مَفَاتِيحُ السَّيَّارة
- Brazilian Portuguese: chave do carro
- Chinese: 车钥匙
- Croatian: ključevi automobila
- Czech: klíče od auta
- Danish: bilnøgle
- Dutch: autosleutels
- European Spanish: llaves del coche
- Finnish: auton avaimet
- French: clés de voiture
- German: Autoschlüssel
- Greek: κλειδιά αυτοκινήτου
- Italian: chiavi dell’automobile
- Japanese: 車の鍵
- Korean: 자동차 키
- Norwegian: bilnøkler
- Polish: kluczyki od samochodu
- European Portuguese: chave do carro
- Romanian: cheide la autoturism
- Russian: ключи от автомобиля
- Spanish: llaves del carro
- Swedish: bilnycklar
- Thai: กุญแจรถ
- Turkish: araba anahtarları
- Ukrainian: ключі від автомобіля
- Vietnamese: chìa khóa xe ô tô
Definition of car keys from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.