Definition of 'caravan site'
Translations for 'caravan site'
British English: caravan site /ˈkærəˌvæn saɪt/ NOUN
A caravan site is an area of land where people can stay in a caravan on holiday, or where people live in caravans.
- American English: trailer park
- Arabic: مَوْقِعٌ للمَقْطُورات
- Brazilian Portuguese: estacionamento para trailers
- Chinese: 旅游房车场地
- Croatian: kamp
- Czech: kemp pro obytné přívesy
- Danish: campingplads
- Dutch: caravanterrein
- European Spanish: camping para caravanas
- Finnish: asuntovaunualue
- French: camping pour caravanes
- German: Campingplatz für Wohnwagen
- Greek: χώρος στάθμευσης για τροχόσπιτα
- Italian: area di sosta per roulotte
- Japanese: トレーラーハウスキャンプ場
- Korean: 트레일러 하우스 주차장
- Norwegian: campingplass
- Polish: pole kempingowe
- European Portuguese: parque para roulotes
- Romanian: parc de rulote
- Russian: стоянка фургонов
- Spanish: camping para caravanas
- Swedish: campingplats
- Thai: ที่จอดรถคาราวาน
- Turkish: karavan kampı
- Ukrainian: стоянка для будинків на колесах
- Vietnamese: khu vực dành cho caravan lữ hành
Definition of caravan site from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.