Definition of 'carrycot'
Trends of 'carrycot'
Used Rarely. carrycot is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'carrycot'
British English: carrycot /ˈkærɪˌkɒt/ NOUN
A carrycot is a small bed for babies which has handles so it can be carried.
- American English: baby carrier
- Arabic: سَرِيرٌ مَحْمُولٌ لِلطِفْل
- Brazilian Portuguese: berço portátil
- Chinese: 手提式婴儿床
- Croatian: prijenosna kolijevka
- Czech: taška na přenášení dítěte zprav. vrchní část kočárku
- Danish: babylift
- Dutch: reiswieg
- European Spanish: cuna portátil
- Finnish: vauvan kantokassi
- French: couffin
- German: Babytragetasche
- Greek: πορτμπεμπέ
- Italian: culla portatile
- Japanese: 持ち運び用ベッド
- Korean: 아기용 휴대 침대
- Norwegian: bærebag (til barnevogn)
- Polish: nosidełko
- European Portuguese: berço portátil
- Romanian: landou
- Russian: переносная детская кроватка
- Spanish: cuna portátil
- Swedish: babylift
- Thai: ที่นอนเด็กที่หิ้วไปไหนๆ ได้
- Turkish: portbebe
- Ukrainian: переносне дитяче ліжко
- Vietnamese: xe đẩy trẻ con
Definition of carrycot from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.