Definition of 'carrycot'
Trends of 'carrycot'
Used Rarely. carrycot is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'carrycot'
British English: carrycot /ˈkærɪˌkɒt/ NOUN
A carrycot is a small bed for babies which has handles so it can be carried.
- American English: baby carrier
- Arabic: سَرِيرٌ مَحْمُولٌ لِلطِفْل
- Brazilian Portuguese: berço portátil
- Chinese: 手提式婴儿床
- Croatian: prijenosna kolijevka
- Czech: taška na přenášení dítěte zprav. vrchní část kočárku
- Danish: babylift
- Dutch: reiswieg
- European Spanish: cuna portátil
- Finnish: vauvan kantokassi
- French: couffin
- German: Babytragetasche
- Greek: πορτμπεμπέ
- Italian: culla portatile
- Japanese: 持ち運び用ベッド
- Korean: 아기용 휴대 침대
- Norwegian: bærebag (til barnevogn)
- Polish: nosidełko
- European Portuguese: berço portátil
- Romanian: landou
- Russian: переносная детская кроватка
- Spanish: cuna portátil
- Swedish: babylift
- Thai: ที่นอนเด็กที่หิ้วไปไหนๆ ได้
- Turkish: portbebe
- Ukrainian: переносне дитяче ліжко
- Vietnamese: xe đẩy trẻ con
Definition of carrycot from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.