Definition of 'catalytic converter'
Trends of 'catalytic converter'
Used Rarely. catalytic converter is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'catalytic converter'
British English: catalytic converter /ˌkætəˈlɪtɪk kənˈvɜːtə/ NOUN
A catalytic converter is a device which is fitted to a car's exhaust to reduce the pollution coming from it.
- American English: catalytic converter
- Arabic: مُحَوِّلُ الـحَافِز
- Brazilian Portuguese: conversor catalítico
- Chinese: 催化转化器
- Croatian: katalitički pretvornik
- Czech: katalyzátor
- Danish: katalysator
- Dutch: katalysator
- European Spanish: catalizador
- Finnish: katalysaattori
- French: pot catalytique
- German: Abgaskatalysator
- Greek: καταλύτης
- Italian: convertitore catalitico
- Japanese: 触媒コンバーター
- Korean: 촉매 변환 장치
- Norwegian: katalysator
- Polish: katalizator
- European Portuguese: catalisador
- Romanian: convertor catalitic
- Russian: каталитический дожигатель
- Spanish: catalizador
- Swedish: katalysator
- Thai: อุปกรณ์ที่ช่วยลดสารเป็นพิษในท่อไอเสีย
- Turkish: katalitik dönüştürücü
- Ukrainian: каталітичний конвертер
- Vietnamese: bộ xúc tác lọc khí thải
Definition of catalytic converter from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Smarter tech can be a game-changer for those with different needs
Improving accessibility when banking is a key focus this year, here are some of ways tech is helping make managing money easier for everyone.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.