Definition of 'catalytic converter'
Trends of 'catalytic converter'
Used Rarely. catalytic converter is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'catalytic converter'
British English: catalytic converter /ˌkætəˈlɪtɪk kənˈvɜːtə/ NOUN
A catalytic converter is a device which is fitted to a car's exhaust to reduce the pollution coming from it.
- American English: catalytic converter
- Arabic: مُحَوِّلُ الـحَافِز
- Brazilian Portuguese: conversor catalítico
- Chinese: 催化转化器
- Croatian: katalitički pretvornik
- Czech: katalyzátor
- Danish: katalysator
- Dutch: katalysator
- European Spanish: catalizador
- Finnish: katalysaattori
- French: pot catalytique
- German: Abgaskatalysator
- Greek: καταλύτης
- Italian: convertitore catalitico
- Japanese: 触媒コンバーター
- Korean: 촉매 변환 장치
- Norwegian: katalysator
- Polish: katalizator
- European Portuguese: catalisador
- Romanian: convertor catalitic
- Russian: каталитический дожигатель
- Spanish: catalizador
- Swedish: katalysator
- Thai: อุปกรณ์ที่ช่วยลดสารเป็นพิษในท่อไอเสีย
- Turkish: katalitik dönüştürücü
- Ukrainian: каталітичний конвертер
- Vietnamese: bộ xúc tác lọc khí thải
Definition of catalytic converter from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.