Definition of 'CCTV'
Example sentences containing 'CCTV'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
And they said you'd told them to look at all the CCTV film from the traffic cameras on the day of the murder? THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
Deng received tapes of all the foreign feeds that the Public Security Bureau had intercepted, as well as copies of all CCTV broadcasts. SONS OF HEAVEN (2002)
Trends of 'CCTV'
Used Occasionally. CCTV is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'CCTV'
British English: CCTV /siː siː tiː viː/ ABBREVIATION
CCTV is an abbreviation for `closed-circuit television'.
...a CCTV camera.
- American English: CCTV
- Arabic: دَائِرَةٌ تَلِفِزْيُونِيَّةٌ مُغْلَقَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: CCTV
- Chinese: 闭路监控电视
- Croatian: CCTV
- Czech: průmyslová televize
- Danish: videoovervågning
- Dutch: gesloten televisiecircuit
- European Spanish: sistema de videovigilancia
- Finnish: valvontakamera
- French: caméra de surveillance
- German: Videoüberwachung
- Greek: τηλεόραση κλειστού κυκλώματος
- Italian: televisione a circuito chiuso
- Japanese: 閉回路テレビ
- Korean: 폐쇄 회로 TV
- Norwegian: intern-tv
- Polish: telewizja przemysłowa
- European Portuguese: CCTV
- Romanian: cameră de supraveghere
- Russian: система видеонаблюдения
- Spanish: sistema de videovigilancia
- Swedish: intern-tv
- Thai: ตัวย่อของกล้องโทรทัศน์วงจรภายใน
- Turkish: Kapalı Devre Televizyon Sistemi
- Ukrainian: система відеоспостереження
- Vietnamese: truyền hình mạch kín
Definition of CCTV from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.