Definition of 'CCTV'
Example sentences containing 'CCTV'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
And they said you'd told them to look at all the CCTV film from the traffic cameras on the day of the murder? THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
Deng received tapes of all the foreign feeds that the Public Security Bureau had intercepted, as well as copies of all CCTV broadcasts. SONS OF HEAVEN (2002)
Trends of 'CCTV'
Used Occasionally. CCTV is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'CCTV'
British English: CCTV /siː siː tiː viː/ ABBREVIATION
CCTV is an abbreviation for `closed-circuit television'.
...a CCTV camera.
- American English: CCTV
- Arabic: دَائِرَةٌ تَلِفِزْيُونِيَّةٌ مُغْلَقَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: CCTV
- Chinese: 闭路监控电视
- Croatian: CCTV
- Czech: průmyslová televize
- Danish: videoovervågning
- Dutch: gesloten televisiecircuit
- European Spanish: sistema de videovigilancia
- Finnish: valvontakamera
- French: caméra de surveillance
- German: Videoüberwachung
- Greek: τηλεόραση κλειστού κυκλώματος
- Italian: televisione a circuito chiuso
- Japanese: 閉回路テレビ
- Korean: 폐쇄 회로 TV
- Norwegian: intern-tv
- Polish: telewizja przemysłowa
- European Portuguese: CCTV
- Romanian: cameră de supraveghere
- Russian: система видеонаблюдения
- Spanish: sistema de videovigilancia
- Swedish: intern-tv
- Thai: ตัวย่อของกล้องโทรทัศน์วงจรภายใน
- Turkish: Kapalı Devre Televizyon Sistemi
- Ukrainian: система відеоспостереження
- Vietnamese: truyền hình mạch kín
Definition of CCTV from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.