Definition of 'CCTV'
Example sentences containing 'CCTV'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Six Pissed Students in a Flat was coming back, so was the CCTV programme, You've Been Robbed! MAN AND WIFE (2002)And they said you'd told them to look at all the CCTV film from the traffic cameras on the day of the murder? THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
Trends of 'CCTV'
Used Occasionally. CCTV is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'CCTV'
British English: CCTV /siː siː tiː viː/ ABBREVIATION
CCTV is an abbreviation for `closed-circuit television'.
...a CCTV camera.
- American English: CCTV
- Arabic: دَائِرَةٌ تَلِفِزْيُونِيَّةٌ مُغْلَقَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: CCTV
- Chinese: 闭路监控电视
- Croatian: CCTV
- Czech: průmyslová televize
- Danish: videoovervågning
- Dutch: gesloten televisiecircuit
- European Spanish: sistema de videovigilancia
- Finnish: valvontakamera
- French: caméra de surveillance
- German: Videoüberwachung
- Greek: τηλεόραση κλειστού κυκλώματος
- Italian: televisione a circuito chiuso
- Japanese: 閉回路テレビ
- Korean: 폐쇄 회로 TV
- Norwegian: intern-tv
- Polish: telewizja przemysłowa
- European Portuguese: CCTV
- Romanian: cameră de supraveghere
- Russian: система видеонаблюдения
- Spanish: sistema de videovigilancia
- Swedish: intern-tv
- Thai: ตัวย่อของกล้องโทรทัศน์วงจรภายใน
- Turkish: Kapalı Devre Televizyon Sistemi
- Ukrainian: система відеоспостереження
- Vietnamese: truyền hình mạch kín
Definition of CCTV from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.