Definition of 'Central America'
Trends of 'Central America'
In Common Usage. Central America is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Central America'
British English: Central America /ˈsɛntrəl əˈmɛrɪkə/ NOUN
Central America is an area joining the continents of North and South America, extending from the south border of Mexico to the north-west border of Colombia.
- American English: Central America
- Arabic: أَمْرِيكا الوُسْطَى
- Brazilian Portuguese: América Central
- Chinese: 中美洲
- Croatian: Srednja Amerika
- Czech: Střední Amerika
- Danish: Mellemamerika
- Dutch: Midden-Amerika
- European Spanish: Centroamérica
- Finnish: Keski-Amerikka
- French: Amérique centrale
- German: Mittelamerika
- Greek: Κεντρική Αμερική
- Italian: America Centrale
- Japanese: 中央アメリカ
- Korean: 중앙 아메리카
- Norwegian: Mellom-Amerika
- Polish: Ameryka Środkowa
- European Portuguese: América Central
- Romanian: America Centrală
- Russian: Центральная Америка
- Spanish: Centroamérica
- Swedish: Centralamerika
- Thai: อเมริกากลาง
- Turkish: Orta Amerika
- Ukrainian: Центральна Америка
- Vietnamese: vùng Trung Mỹ
Definition of Central America from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.