Definition of 'CEO'
Example sentences containing 'CEO'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Oh yes - the CEO 's presentation, and after that, the games! POPCO (2004)Then when I was approached for the merger and the CEO job...' `You joined a load of crooks. SOMEBODY (2004)No wonder you're CEO of a bank, Clifford,' I said, and Clifford stared down at his fascinating blotter. INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2004)
Trends of 'CEO'
In Common Usage. CEO is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'CEO'
British English: CEO /siː iː əʊ/ ABBREVIATION
CEO is an abbreviation for `chief executive officer'.
- American English: CEO
- Arabic: مُدِيرُ الإدَارَةِ التَنْفِيذِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: presidente executivo
- Chinese: 首席执行官
- Croatian: glavni izvršni direktor
- Czech: výkonný ředitel
- Danish: administrerende direktør
- Dutch: president-directeur
- European Spanish: presidente
- Finnish: toimitusjohtaja
- French: PDG
- German: Generaldirektor
- Greek: Πρόεδρος εταιρείας
- Italian: direttore generale
- Japanese: 最高経営責任者
- Korean: 최고 경영자
- Norwegian: adm.dir.
- Polish: dyrektor naczelny
- European Portuguese: presidente executivo
- Romanian: director executiv
- Russian: главный исполнительный директор
- Spanish: presidente del consejo de administración
- Swedish: VD
- Thai: ตัวย่อของเจ้าหน้าที่ระดับสูง
- Turkish: CEO
- Ukrainian: генеральний директор
- Vietnamese: Tổng Giám đốc Điều hành
Definition of CEO from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.