Definition of 'chairlift'
Trends of 'chairlift'
Used Rarely. chairlift is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'chairlift'
British English: chairlift /ˈtʃɛəˌlɪft/ NOUN
A chairlift is a line of chairs that hang from a moving cable and carry people up and down a mountain or ski slope.
- American English: chairlift
- Arabic: عَرَبَةٌ يَجُرُّها سِلْكٌ إِلَى أَعْلَى الـجَبَل
- Brazilian Portuguese: teleférico
- Chinese: 升降椅
- Croatian: sedežnica
- Czech: sedačková lanovka
- Danish: stolelift
- Dutch: stoeltjeslift
- European Spanish: telesilla
- Finnish: tuolihissi
- French: télésiège
- German: Sessellift
- Greek: τελεφερίκ για σκι
- Italian: seggiovia
- Japanese: チェアリフト
- Korean: 스키장 리프트
- Norwegian: stolheis
- Polish: wyciąg krzesełkowy
- European Portuguese: teleférico
- Romanian: telescaun
- Russian: кресельный подъемник
- Spanish: telesilla
- Swedish: sittlift
- Thai: เก้าอี้ยกคนขึ้นไปเล่นสกี
- Turkish: telesiyej
- Ukrainian: крісельний підйомник
- Vietnamese: ghế treo trên dây cáp và lên xuống để chở người
Definition of chairlift from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.