Definition of 'character recognition'
Trends of 'character recognition'
Used Rarely. character recognition is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'character recognition'
British English: character recognition NOUN
Character recognition is a process which allows computers to recognize written or printed characters such as numbers or letters and to change them into a form that the computer can use.
...optical character recognition software that allows you to convert a scanned document to an electronic file.
- American English: character recognition
- Brazilian Portuguese: reconhecimento de caracteres
- Chinese: 字符识别
- European Spanish: reconocimiento de caracteres
- French: reconnaissance de caractères
- German: Zeichenerkennung
- Italian: riconoscimento dei caratteri
- Japanese: 文字認識
- Korean: 문자 인식
- European Portuguese: reconhecimento de caracteres
- Spanish: reconocimiento de caracteres
Nearby words of 'character recognition'
Definition of character recognition from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.