Definition of 'chatroom'
Trends of 'chatroom'
Used Rarely. chatroom is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'chatroom'
British English: chatroom /ˈtʃætˌruːm; -ˌrʊm/ NOUN
A chatroom is a site on the Internet, or another computer network, where users have group discussions by electronic mail, typically about one subject.
- American English: chatroom
- Arabic: غُرْفَة مُحَادَثَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: bate-papo on-line
- Chinese: 谈话室
- Croatian: soba za čavrljanje
- Czech: diskusní místnost na internetu
- Danish: chatroom
- Dutch: chatroom
- European Spanish: sala de chat
- Finnish: chatti
- French: salle de discussion
- German: Chatroom
- Greek: κανάλι συνομιλίας
- Italian: chat room
- Japanese: チャットルーム
- Korean: 대화방
- Norwegian: chatterom
- Polish: pokój pogawędek internetowych
- European Portuguese: sala de conversação on-line
- Romanian: cameră de conversație pe internet
- Russian: раздел чата
- Spanish: sala de charlas
- Swedish: chattrum
- Thai: ห้องคุย
- Turkish: sohbet odası
- Ukrainian: чат
- Vietnamese: phòng tán gẫu trực tuyến
Definition of chatroom from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.