Definition of 'chatroom'
Trends of 'chatroom'
Used Rarely. chatroom is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'chatroom'
British English: chatroom /ˈtʃætˌruːm; -ˌrʊm/ NOUN
A chatroom is a site on the Internet, or another computer network, where users have group discussions by electronic mail, typically about one subject.
- American English: chatroom
- Arabic: غُرْفَة مُحَادَثَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: bate-papo on-line
- Chinese: 谈话室
- Croatian: soba za čavrljanje
- Czech: diskusní místnost na internetu
- Danish: chatroom
- Dutch: chatroom
- European Spanish: sala de chat
- Finnish: chatti
- French: salle de discussion
- German: Chatroom
- Greek: κανάλι συνομιλίας
- Italian: chat room
- Japanese: チャットルーム
- Korean: 대화방
- Norwegian: chatterom
- Polish: pokój pogawędek internetowych
- European Portuguese: sala de conversação on-line
- Romanian: cameră de conversație pe internet
- Russian: раздел чата
- Spanish: sala de charlas
- Swedish: chattrum
- Thai: ห้องคุย
- Turkish: sohbet odası
- Ukrainian: чат
- Vietnamese: phòng tán gẫu trực tuyến
Definition of chatroom from the Collins English Dictionary
Fed up with the great British weather? Here’s how to afford that dream summer escape
From planning early to knowing where to look, these top tips will help you fulfil your summer holiday desires
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.