Definition of 'chatroom'
Trends of 'chatroom'
Used Rarely. chatroom is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'chatroom'
British English: chatroom /ˈtʃætˌruːm; -ˌrʊm/ NOUN
A chatroom is a site on the Internet, or another computer network, where users have group discussions by electronic mail, typically about one subject.
- American English: chatroom
- Arabic: غُرْفَة مُحَادَثَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: bate-papo on-line
- Chinese: 谈话室
- Croatian: soba za čavrljanje
- Czech: diskusní místnost na internetu
- Danish: chatroom
- Dutch: chatroom
- European Spanish: sala de chat
- Finnish: chatti
- French: salle de discussion
- German: Chatroom
- Greek: κανάλι συνομιλίας
- Italian: chat room
- Japanese: チャットルーム
- Korean: 대화방
- Norwegian: chatterom
- Polish: pokój pogawędek internetowych
- European Portuguese: sala de conversação on-line
- Romanian: cameră de conversație pe internet
- Russian: раздел чата
- Spanish: sala de charlas
- Swedish: chattrum
- Thai: ห้องคุย
- Turkish: sohbet odası
- Ukrainian: чат
- Vietnamese: phòng tán gẫu trực tuyến
Definition of chatroom from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.