Definition of 'child abuse'
Trends of 'child abuse'
In Common Usage. child abuse is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'child abuse'
British English: child abuse /tʃaɪld əˈbjuːs / NOUN
Child abuse is physical, sexual, or emotional ill-treatment or neglect of a child, especially by those responsible for his or her welfare.
- American English: child abuse
- Arabic: سُوْءُ اِسْتِعْمال الأَطْفال
- Brazilian Portuguese: abuso contra a criança
- Chinese: 虐待儿童
- Croatian: zlostavljanje djece
- Czech: týrání dětí
- Danish: børnemisbrug
- Dutch: kindermishandeling
- European Spanish: maltrato a la infancia
- Finnish: lasten pahoinpitely
- French: maltraitance
- German: Kindesmissbrauch
- Greek: παιδική κακοποίηση
- Italian: violenza sui minori
- Japanese: 児童虐待
- Korean: 아동 학대
- Norwegian: barnemishandling
- Polish: maltretowanie dzieci
- European Portuguese: abuso de menores
- Romanian: abuz asupra copiilor
- Russian: жестокое обращение с детьми
- Spanish: maltrato infantil
- Swedish: barnmisshandel
- Thai: การกระทำทารุณต่อเด็ก
- Turkish: çocuk tacizi
- Ukrainian: жорстоке ставлення до дитини
- Vietnamese: sự lạm dụng trẻ em
Definition of child abuse from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.