Definition of 'CHIPS'
Translations for 'CHIPS'
British English: chips /tʃɪps/ NOUN
potatoes Chips or potato chips are thin pieces of potato fried in oil.
- American English: French fries
- Arabic: بَطَاطِس مَقْلِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: batata frita
- Chinese: 薯条
- Croatian: čips
- Czech: hranolky
- Danish: chips
- Dutch: chips
- European Spanish: patatas fritas
- Finnish: ranskalaiset perunat
- French: frites
- German: Pommes
- Greek: τηγανητές πατάτες
- Italian: patate fritte
- Japanese: フライドポテト
- Korean: 감자칩
- Norwegian: pommes frites
- Polish: frytki
- European Portuguese: batata frita
- Romanian: chips
- Russian: картофель-фри
- Spanish: papa frita
- Swedish: pommes frites
- Thai: มันฝรั่งทอด
- Turkish: kızarmış patates
- Ukrainian: картопля фрі
- Vietnamese: khoai tây rán
Definition of CHIPS from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.