Definition of 'Christian name'
Trends of 'Christian name'
Used Occasionally. Christian name is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Christian name'
British English: Christian name /ˈkrɪstʃən neɪm/ NOUN
A person's Christian name is the name given to them when they were born or christened.
Call me by my Christian name.
- American English: first name
- Arabic: اِسْم مَسِيحِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: nome de batismo
- Chinese: 教名
- Croatian: krsno ime
- Czech: křestní jméno
- Danish: fornavn
- Dutch: voornaam
- European Spanish: nombre de pila
- Finnish: etunimi
- French: prénom
- German: Vorname
- Greek: μικρό όνομα
- Italian: nome di battesimo
- Japanese: 洗礼名
- Korean: 세례명
- Norwegian: fornavn
- Polish: imię (nadane na chrzcie)
- European Portuguese: nome de batismo
- Romanian: prenumenume de botez
- Russian: имя, данное при крещении
- Spanish: nombre de pila
- Swedish: förnamn
- Thai: ชื่อที่ตั้งในพิธีชำระบาป
- Turkish: ön adı
- Ukrainian: ім’я
- Vietnamese: tên thánh
Definition of Christian name from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.