Definition of 'Christmas tree'
Image of 'Christmas tree'
© Smileus, shutterstock
Translations for 'Christmas tree'
British English: Christmas tree /ˈkrɪsməs triː/ NOUN
A Christmas tree is a real or artificial fir tree, which people put in their houses at Christmas and decorate with lights and balls.
- American English: Christmas tree
- Arabic: شَجَرَة عِيد الـمِيلَاد
- Brazilian Portuguese: árvore de Natal
- Chinese: 圣诞树
- Croatian: božićno drvce
- Czech: vánoční stromeček
- Danish: juletræ
- Dutch: kerstboom
- European Spanish: árbol de Navidad
- Finnish: joulukuusi
- French: sapin de Noël
- German: Weihnachtsbaum
- Greek: Χριστουγεννιάτικο δέντρο
- Italian: albero di Natale
- Japanese: クリスマスツリー
- Korean: 크리스마스 트리
- Norwegian: juletre
- Polish: choinka
- European Portuguese: árvore de Natal
- Romanian: brad de Crăciun
- Russian: рождественская елка
- Spanish: árbol de Navidad
- Swedish: julgran
- Thai: ต้นคริสต์มาส
- Turkish: Noel ağacı
- Ukrainian: новорічна ялинка
- Vietnamese: cây thông Giáng Sinh
Definition of Christmas tree from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Now is the perfect time to start thinking ahead. Here’s how a busy family can take control of their financial future
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.