Definition of 'Christmas tree'
Image of 'Christmas tree'
© Smileus, shutterstock
Translations for 'Christmas tree'
British English: Christmas tree /ˈkrɪsməs triː/ NOUN
A Christmas tree is a real or artificial fir tree, which people put in their houses at Christmas and decorate with lights and balls.
- American English: Christmas tree
- Arabic: شَجَرَة عِيد الـمِيلَاد
- Brazilian Portuguese: árvore de Natal
- Chinese: 圣诞树
- Croatian: božićno drvce
- Czech: vánoční stromeček
- Danish: juletræ
- Dutch: kerstboom
- European Spanish: árbol de Navidad
- Finnish: joulukuusi
- French: sapin de Noël
- German: Weihnachtsbaum
- Greek: Χριστουγεννιάτικο δέντρο
- Italian: albero di Natale
- Japanese: クリスマスツリー
- Korean: 크리스마스 트리
- Norwegian: juletre
- Polish: choinka
- European Portuguese: árvore de Natal
- Romanian: brad de Crăciun
- Russian: рождественская елка
- Spanish: árbol de Navidad
- Swedish: julgran
- Thai: ต้นคริสต์มาส
- Turkish: Noel ağacı
- Ukrainian: новорічна ялинка
- Vietnamese: cây thông Giáng Sinh
Definition of Christmas tree from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.