Definition of 'chug'
Trends of 'chug'
Used Rarely. chug is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'chug'
British English: chug VERB
When a vehicle chugs somewhere, it goes there slowly, noisily and with difficulty.
The train chugs down the track.
- American English: chug
- Brazilian Portuguese: mover-se fazendo ruído de descarga
- Chinese: > 发着嘎嚓声吃力地行驶车辆
- European Spanish: ir despacio resoplando
- French: avancer cahin-cahaN
- German: tuckern
- Italian: muoversi sbuffando
- Japanese: ドッドッドッと音を立てて進む
- Korean: 칙칙 소리를 내며 가다
- European Portuguese: mover-se fazendo ruído de descarga
- Spanish: ir despacio resoplando
Definition of chug from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.