Definition of 'civil rights'
Example sentences containing 'civil rights'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
ever, there was an effort to raise funds for civil rights campaigns, Duane managed to wheedle a four-figure check from his mother. THREE KINDS OF KISSING - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES (1991)The cause of civil rights was growing stronger in direct ratio to the disintegration of the hippie movement. THREE KINDS OF KISSING - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES (1991)
Trends of 'civil rights'
In Common Usage. civil rights is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'civil rights'
British English: civil rights /ˈsɪvl raɪts/ NOUN
Civil rights are the rights that people have to equal treatment and equal opportunities, whatever their race, sex, or religion.
...the civil rights movement.
- American English: civil rights
- Arabic: حُقُوق مَدَنِيِّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: direitos civis
- Chinese: 公民权利
- Croatian: građanska prava
- Czech: občanská práva
- Danish: borgerrettigheder
- Dutch: burgerrechten
- European Spanish: derechos civiles
- Finnish: kansalaisoikeudet
- French: droits civiques
- German: Bürgerrechte
- Greek: πολιτικά δικαιώματα
- Italian: diritti civili
- Japanese: 公民権
- Korean: 시민권
- Norwegian: borgerrettigheter
- Polish: prawa obywatelskie
- European Portuguese: direitos cívicos
- Romanian: drepturi civile
- Russian: гражданские права
- Spanish: derechos civiles
- Swedish: medborgerliga rättigheter
- Thai: สิทธิที่เท่ากันของพลเมือง
- Turkish: vatandaşlık hakları
- Ukrainian: громадянські права
- Vietnamese: quyền công dân
Definition of civil rights from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.