Definition of 'classroom assistant'
Trends of 'classroom assistant'
Used Rarely. classroom assistant is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'classroom assistant'
British English: classroom assistant /ˈklɑːsrʊm əˈsɪstənt/ NOUN
A classroom assistant is a person whose job is to help a schoolteacher in the classroom.
- American English: teacher's aide
- Arabic: مُساعِد الـمَدْرَسَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: assistente de sala de aula
- Chinese: 课堂助教
- Croatian: pomoćnik učitelja
- Czech: třídní asistent
- Danish: hjælpelærer
- Dutch: hulponderwijzer
- European Spanish: maestro auxiliar
- Finnish: koulunkäyntiavustaja
- French: assistant scolaire
- German: Assistenzlehrkraft
- Greek: βοηθός δασκάλου
- Italian: assistente di classe
- Japanese: 教室助手
- Korean: 보조 교사
- Norwegian: hjelpelærer
- Polish: asystent nauczyciela
- European Portuguese: assistente de sala de aula
- Romanian: asistent sală de clasă
- Russian: лаборант
- Spanish: profesor auxiliar
- Swedish: lärarassistent
- Thai: ครูผู้ช่วยในห้องเรียน
- Turkish: yardımcı öğretmen
- Ukrainian: помічник викладача
- Vietnamese: trợ giảng
Definition of classroom assistant from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.