Definition of 'climate change'
Trends of 'climate change'
In Common Usage. climate change is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'climate change'
British English: climate change /ˈklaɪmɪt tʃeɪndʒ/ NOUN
Climate change is change that is taking place in the Earth's climate that is believed to be the result of human activity.
- American English: climate change
- Arabic: تَغْيِير مُناخِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: mudança do clima
- Chinese: 气候变化
- Croatian: klimatska promjena
- Czech: změna klimatu
- Danish: klimaforandring
- Dutch: klimaatverandering
- European Spanish: cambio climático
- Finnish: ilmastonmuutos
- French: changement climatique
- German: Klimawechsel
- Greek: κλιματική αλλαγή
- Italian: cambiamento climatico
- Japanese: 気候変動
- Korean: 기후 변화
- Norwegian: klimaendring
- Polish: zmiana klimatyczna
- European Portuguese: alterações climáticas
- Romanian: schimbare climatică
- Russian: изменение климата
- Spanish: cambio climático
- Swedish: klimatförändring
- Thai: การเปลี่ยนแปลงของอากาศ
- Turkish: iklim değişikliği
- Ukrainian: кліматичні зміни
- Vietnamese: sự thay đổi khí hậu
Definition of climate change from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.