Definition of 'climate change'
Trends of 'climate change'
In Common Usage. climate change is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'climate change'
British English: climate change /ˈklaɪmɪt tʃeɪndʒ/ NOUN
Climate change is change that is taking place in the Earth's climate that is believed to be the result of human activity.
- American English: climate change
- Arabic: تَغْيِير مُناخِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: mudança do clima
- Chinese: 气候变化
- Croatian: klimatska promjena
- Czech: změna klimatu
- Danish: klimaforandring
- Dutch: klimaatverandering
- European Spanish: cambio climático
- Finnish: ilmastonmuutos
- French: changement climatique
- German: Klimawechsel
- Greek: κλιματική αλλαγή
- Italian: cambiamento climatico
- Japanese: 気候変動
- Korean: 기후 변화
- Norwegian: klimaendring
- Polish: zmiana klimatyczna
- European Portuguese: alterações climáticas
- Romanian: schimbare climatică
- Russian: изменение климата
- Spanish: cambio climático
- Swedish: klimatförändring
- Thai: การเปลี่ยนแปลงของอากาศ
- Turkish: iklim değişikliği
- Ukrainian: кліматичні зміни
- Vietnamese: sự thay đổi khí hậu
Definition of climate change from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.