Definition of 'club together'
Example sentences containing 'club together'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
You can lower the cost further by clubbing together with other households in your area to buy oil in bulk. Times, Sunday Times (2014)And staff are clubbing together to give teenage carers two 5 presents each. Times, Sunday Times (2007)So can those searching for such owners, or for fellow enthusiasts interested in clubbing together to buy something special. Times, Sunday Times (2007)
Translations for 'club together'
British English: club together /klʌb təˈɡɛðə/ VERB
If people club together to do something, they all give money towards the cost of it.
For my thirtieth birthday, my friends clubbed together and bought me a watch.
- American English: chip in
- Arabic: يَشْتَرِكُ في دَفْع
- Brazilian Portuguese: fazer vaquinha
- Chinese: 凑钱
- Croatian: grupirati se
- Czech: složit se vybírat peníze
- Danish: skillinge sammen
- Dutch: een pot maken geld bij elkaar brengen
- European Spanish: reunir dinero aportar
- Finnish: kokoontua yhteen
- French: se regrouper
- German: zusammenlegen
- Greek: συνεισφέρω
- Italian: mettersi insieme
- Japanese: 合同する
- Korean: 분담하다
- Norwegian: slå (seg) sammen
- Polish: złożyć się
- European Portuguese: fazer uma vaquinha
- Romanian: a contribui
- Russian: скидываться
- Spanish: contribuir
- Swedish: slå (sig) ihop
- Thai: ช่วยกันออกค่าใช้จ่าย
- Turkish: paylaşmak iş/masraf
- Ukrainian: влаштовувати складчину
- Vietnamese: hùn tiền
Definition of club together from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.