Definition of 'collateral damage'
Trends of 'collateral damage'
Used Occasionally. collateral damage is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'collateral damage'
British English: collateral damage NOUN
Collateral damage is accidental injury to non-military people or damage to non-military buildings which occurs during a military operation.
To minimize collateral damage, maximum precision was required.
- American English: collateral damage
- Brazilian Portuguese: dano acidental
- Chinese: 附带损害军事行动中对平民或非军事建筑造成的
- European Spanish: daño colateral
- French: dommages collatérauxN
- German: Kollateralschäden
- Italian: danni collaterali
- Japanese: 巻き添え被害
- Korean: 민간 피해
- European Portuguese: dano colateral
- Spanish: daño colateral
Definition of collateral damage from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.