Definition of 'commercial break'
Trends of 'commercial break'
Used Rarely. commercial break is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'commercial break'
British English: commercial break /kəˈmɜːʃəl breɪk/ NOUN
A commercial break is the interval during a commercial television programme, or between programmes, during which advertisements are shown.
The movie was aired without commercial breaks.
- American English: commercial break
- Arabic: فاصِل إِعْلَانِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: intervalo comercial
- Chinese: 插播广告
- Croatian: prekid za reklame
- Czech: přestávka na reklamy v televizi
- Danish: reklameblok
- Dutch: reclameboodschap
- European Spanish: intermedio para la publicidad
- Finnish: mainostauko
- French: pause publicitaire
- German: Werbepause
- Greek: διάλειμμα για διαφημίσεις
- Italian: pausa pubblicitaria
- Japanese: コマーシャルの時間
- Korean: 광고 방송
- Norwegian: reklamepause
- Polish: przerwa na reklamę
- European Portuguese: intervalo para publicidade
- Romanian: pauză pentru reclame
- Russian: рекламная пауза
- Spanish: pausa para la publicidad
- Swedish: reklamavbrott
- Thai: รายการคั่นโฆษณา
- Turkish: reklam arası
- Ukrainian: рекламна пауза
- Vietnamese: quảng cáo xen giữa các chương trình truyền hình
Definition of commercial break from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.