Definition of 'commercial break'
Trends of 'commercial break'
Used Rarely. commercial break is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'commercial break'
British English: commercial break /kəˈmɜːʃəl breɪk/ NOUN
A commercial break is the interval during a commercial television programme, or between programmes, during which advertisements are shown.
The movie was aired without commercial breaks.
- American English: commercial break
- Arabic: فاصِل إِعْلَانِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: intervalo comercial
- Chinese: 插播广告
- Croatian: prekid za reklame
- Czech: přestávka na reklamy v televizi
- Danish: reklameblok
- Dutch: reclameboodschap
- European Spanish: intermedio para la publicidad
- Finnish: mainostauko
- French: pause publicitaire
- German: Werbepause
- Greek: διάλειμμα για διαφημίσεις
- Italian: pausa pubblicitaria
- Japanese: コマーシャルの時間
- Korean: 광고 방송
- Norwegian: reklamepause
- Polish: przerwa na reklamę
- European Portuguese: intervalo para publicidade
- Romanian: pauză pentru reclame
- Russian: рекламная пауза
- Spanish: pausa para la publicidad
- Swedish: reklamavbrott
- Thai: รายการคั่นโฆษณา
- Turkish: reklam arası
- Ukrainian: рекламна пауза
- Vietnamese: quảng cáo xen giữa các chương trình truyền hình
Definition of commercial break from the Collins English Dictionary
Fed up with the great British weather? Here’s how to afford that dream summer escape
From planning early to knowing where to look, these top tips will help you fulfil your summer holiday desires
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.