Definition of 'community service'
Trends of 'community service'
Used Occasionally. community service is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'community service'
British English: community service NOUN
Community service is unpaid work that criminals sometimes do as a punishment instead of being sent to prison.
He was sentenced to 140 hours' community service.
- American English: community service
- Brazilian Portuguese: serviços comunitários
- Chinese: 通勤者居住带大城市周边的
- European Spanish: trabajo comunitarioprestado en lugar de cumplir una pena de prisión
- French: travail d'intérêt généralN
- German: Sozialdienst
- Italian: lavoro socialmente utile
- Japanese: 社会奉仕活動
- Korean: 지역 봉사
- European Portuguese: serviços comunitários
- Spanish: trabajo comunitarioprestado en lugar de cumplir una pena de prisión
Definition of community service from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.