Definition of 'community service'
Trends of 'community service'
Used Occasionally. community service is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'community service'
British English: community service NOUN
Community service is unpaid work that criminals sometimes do as a punishment instead of being sent to prison.
He was sentenced to 140 hours' community service.
- American English: community service
- Brazilian Portuguese: serviços comunitários
- Chinese: 通勤者居住带大城市周边的
- European Spanish: trabajo comunitarioprestado en lugar de cumplir una pena de prisión
- French: travail d'intérêt généralN
- German: Sozialdienst
- Italian: lavoro socialmente utile
- Japanese: 社会奉仕活動
- Korean: 지역 봉사
- European Portuguese: serviços comunitários
- Spanish: trabajo comunitarioprestado en lugar de cumplir una pena de prisión
Definition of community service from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.