Definition of 'community service'
Trends of 'community service'
Used Occasionally. community service is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'community service'
British English: community service NOUN
Community service is unpaid work that criminals sometimes do as a punishment instead of being sent to prison.
He was sentenced to 140 hours' community service.
- American English: community service
- Brazilian Portuguese: serviços comunitários
- Chinese: 通勤者居住带大城市周边的
- European Spanish: trabajo comunitarioprestado en lugar de cumplir una pena de prisión
- French: travail d'intérêt généralN
- German: Sozialdienst
- Italian: lavoro socialmente utile
- Japanese: 社会奉仕活動
- Korean: 지역 봉사
- European Portuguese: serviços comunitários
- Spanish: trabajo comunitarioprestado en lugar de cumplir una pena de prisión
Definition of community service from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.