Definition of 'concentration camp'
Translations for 'concentration camp'
British English: concentration camp NOUN
A concentration camp is a prison in which large numbers of ordinary people are kept in very bad conditions, usually during a war.
...the ruins of the Nazi concentration camp at Buchenwald.
- American English: concentration camp
- Brazilian Portuguese: campo de concentração
- Chinese: 集中营
- European Spanish: campo de concentración
- French: camp de concentration
- German: Konzentrationslager
- Italian: campo di concentramento
- Japanese: 強制収容所
- Korean: 수용소
- European Portuguese: campo de concentração
- Spanish: campo de concentración
Definition of concentration camp from the Collins English Dictionary
Fed up with the great British weather? Here’s how to afford that dream summer escape
From planning early to knowing where to look, these top tips will help you fulfil your summer holiday desires
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.