Definition of 'concentration camp'
Translations for 'concentration camp'
British English: concentration camp NOUN
A concentration camp is a prison in which large numbers of ordinary people are kept in very bad conditions, usually during a war.
...the ruins of the Nazi concentration camp at Buchenwald.
- American English: concentration camp
- Brazilian Portuguese: campo de concentração
- Chinese: 集中营
- European Spanish: campo de concentración
- French: camp de concentration
- German: Konzentrationslager
- Italian: campo di concentramento
- Japanese: 強制収容所
- Korean: 수용소
- European Portuguese: campo de concentração
- Spanish: campo de concentración
Definition of concentration camp from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.