Definition of 'continental breakfast'
Trends of 'continental breakfast'
Used Rarely. continental breakfast is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'continental breakfast'
British English: continental breakfast /ˌkɒntɪˈnɛnt əl ˈbrɛkfəst/ NOUN
A continental breakfast is breakfast that consists of food such as bread, butter, jam, and a hot drink. There is no cooked food.
- American English: continental breakfast
- Arabic: إِفْطار كونتينتال
- Brazilian Portuguese: café da manhã continental
- Chinese: 欧陆式早餐
- Croatian: kontinentalan doručak
- Czech: kontinentální snídaně
- Danish: morgenmad
- Dutch: continentaal ontbijt
- European Spanish: desayuno continental
- Finnish: mannermainen aamiainen
- French: petit-déjeuner continental
- German: kleines Frühstück
- Greek: ευρωπαϊκό πρωινό
- Italian: colazione continentale
- Japanese: ヨーロッパ大陸式の簡単な朝食
- Korean: 대륙식의 아침식사
- Norwegian: kontinental frokost
- Polish: śniadanie kontynentalne
- European Portuguese: pequeno-almoço continental
- Romanian: mic dejun continental
- Russian: континентальный завтрак
- Latin American Spanish: desayuno continental
- Swedish: kontinental frukost
- Thai: อาหารเช้าแบบยุโรป
- Turkish: çörek ve kahve ya da çaydan oluşan kahvaltı
- Ukrainian: континентальний сніданок
- Vietnamese: bữa sáng kiểu lục địa
Definition of continental breakfast from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Collocations are words that are often used together and are brilliant at providing natural sounding language for your speech and writing.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.