Definition of 'cost of living'
Example sentences containing 'cost of living'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Translations for 'cost of living'
British English: cost of living /kɒst əv ˈlɪvɪŋ/ NOUN
The cost of living is the average amount of money that people need to spend on food, housing, and clothing.
The cost of living has increased dramatically.
- American English: cost of living
- Arabic: تَكْلِفَةُ الـمَعِيشَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: custo de vida
- Chinese: 生活费用
- Croatian: cijena življenja
- Czech: životní náklady
- Danish: leveomkostninger
- Dutch: kosten van levensonderhoud
- European Spanish: coste de la vida
- Finnish: elinkustannukset
- French: coût de la vie
- German: Lebenshaltungskosten
- Greek: κόστος ζωής
- Italian: costo della vita
- Japanese: 生活費
- Korean: 생활비
- Norwegian: levekostnader
- Polish: koszty utrzymania
- European Portuguese: custo de vida
- Romanian: cheltuielile de trai
- Russian: стоимость жизни
- Spanish: costo de vida
- Swedish: levnadskostnader
- Thai: ค่าครองชีพ
- Turkish: hayat pahalılığı
- Ukrainian: прожитковий рівень
- Vietnamese: chi phí sinh hoạt
Nearby words of 'cost of living'
Definition of cost of living from the Collins English Dictionary
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.