Definition of 'cottage cheese'
Image of 'cottage cheese'
© Olga Popova, shutterstock
Trends of 'cottage cheese'
Used Rarely. cottage cheese is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'cottage cheese'
British English: cottage cheese /ˈkɒtɪdʒ tʃiːz/ NOUN
Cottage cheese is a soft, white, lumpy cheese made from sour milk.
- American English: cottage cheese
- Arabic: قَرِيشَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: requeijão
- Chinese: 松软干酪
- Croatian: svježi kravlji sir
- Czech: tvaroh
- Danish: hytteost
- Dutch: hüttenkäse
- European Spanish: requesón
- Finnish: raejuusto
- French: fromage blanc maigre
- German: Hüttenkäse
- Greek: τυρί κότατζ
- Italian: formaggio fresco morbido
- Japanese: カッテージチーズ
- Korean: 코티지 치즈
- Norwegian: cottage cheese
- Polish: twaróg
- European Portuguese: requeijão
- Romanian: brânză de vaci
- Russian: творог
- Spanish: requesón
- Swedish: keso
- Thai: เนยเหลวชนิดหนึ่ง
- Turkish: taze yumuşak peynir
- Ukrainian: сир
- Vietnamese: pho mát làm từ sữa đã gạn kem
Definition of cottage cheese from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.