Definition of 'cottage industry'
Trends of 'cottage industry'
Used Occasionally. cottage industry is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'cottage industry'
British English: cottage industry NOUN
A cottage industry is a small business that is run from someone's home, especially one that involves a craft such as knitting or pottery.
Bookbinding is largely a cottage industry.
- American English: cottage industry
- Brazilian Portuguese: indústria artesanal
- Chinese: 家庭手工业
- European Spanish: industria artesanal
- French: secteur artisanal
- German: Heimindustrie
- Italian: attività artigianale svolta a domicilio
- Japanese: 家内工業
- Korean: 가내 수공업
- European Portuguese: indústria artesanal
- Spanish: industria artesanal
Definition of cottage industry from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.