Definition of 'cottage industry'
Trends of 'cottage industry'
Used Occasionally. cottage industry is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'cottage industry'
British English: cottage industry NOUN
A cottage industry is a small business that is run from someone's home, especially one that involves a craft such as knitting or pottery.
Bookbinding is largely a cottage industry.
- American English: cottage industry
- Brazilian Portuguese: indústria artesanal
- Chinese: 家庭手工业
- European Spanish: industria artesanal
- French: secteur artisanal
- German: Heimindustrie
- Italian: attività artigianale svolta a domicilio
- Japanese: 家内工業
- Korean: 가내 수공업
- European Portuguese: indústria artesanal
- Spanish: industria artesanal
Definition of cottage industry from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.