Definition of 'cottage industry'
Trends of 'cottage industry'
Used Occasionally. cottage industry is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'cottage industry'
British English: cottage industry NOUN
A cottage industry is a small business that is run from someone's home, especially one that involves a craft such as knitting or pottery.
Bookbinding is largely a cottage industry.
- American English: cottage industry
- Brazilian Portuguese: indústria artesanal
- Chinese: 家庭手工业
- European Spanish: industria artesanal
- French: secteur artisanal
- German: Heimindustrie
- Italian: attività artigianale svolta a domicilio
- Japanese: 家内工業
- Korean: 가내 수공업
- European Portuguese: indústria artesanal
- Spanish: industria artesanal
Definition of cottage industry from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.