Definition of 'crew cut'
Trends of 'crew cut'
Used Rarely. crew cut is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'crew cut'
British English: crew cut /kruː kʌt/ NOUN
A crew cut is a man's hairstyle in which his hair is cut very short.
- American English: crew cut
- Arabic: قَصٌّ قَصِيرٌ لِشَعْرِ الرِّجَال
- Brazilian Portuguese: corte escovinha
- Chinese: 平头
- Croatian: vrlo kratko podšišana kosa
- Czech: ježek účes
- Danish: karseklipning
- Dutch: stekeltjeshaar
- European Spanish: pelo al rape
- Finnish: sänkitukka
- French: brosse coiffure
- German: Bürstenschnitt
- Greek: κοντό κούρεμα
- Italian: taglio a spazzola
- Japanese: クルーカット
- Korean: 상고머리
- Norwegian: piggsveis
- Polish: fryzura na jeża
- European Portuguese: corte à escovinha
- Romanian: tunsoare foarte scurtă
- Russian: короткая стрижка
- Spanish: pelo al ras
- Swedish: snaggat hår
- Thai: ทรงผมของผู้ชายที่สั้นมาก
- Turkish: asker tıraşı
- Ukrainian: зачіска «їжачок»
- Vietnamese: kiểu tóc húi cua
Definition of crew cut from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.