Definition of 'criss-cross'
Video: pronunciation of 'criss-cross'
Translations for 'criss-cross'
British English: criss-cross VERB
If a person or thing criss-crosses an area, they travel from one side to the other and back again many times, following different routes. If a number of things criss-cross an area, they cross it, and cross over each other.
They criss-crossed the country by bus.
- American English: criss-cross
- Brazilian Portuguese: entrecruzar
- Chinese: 交叉往返
- European Spanish: recorrer de punta a punta
- French: parcourir en long et en large
- German: durchqueren
- Italian: attraversare in tutti i sensi
- Japanese: 行き来する
- Korean: 누비고 다니다
- European Portuguese: atravessar
- Spanish: recorrer de punta a punta
Definition of criss-cross from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.