Definition of 'criss-cross'
Video: pronunciation of 'criss-cross'
Translations for 'criss-cross'
British English: criss-cross VERB
If a person or thing criss-crosses an area, they travel from one side to the other and back again many times, following different routes. If a number of things criss-cross an area, they cross it, and cross over each other.
They criss-crossed the country by bus.
- American English: criss-cross
- Brazilian Portuguese: entrecruzar
- Chinese: 交叉往返
- European Spanish: recorrer de punta a punta
- French: parcourir en long et en large
- German: durchqueren
- Italian: attraversare in tutti i sensi
- Japanese: 行き来する
- Korean: 누비고 다니다
- European Portuguese: atravessar
- Spanish: recorrer de punta a punta
Definition of criss-cross from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.