Definition of 'curriculum vitae'
Trends of 'curriculum vitae'
Used Occasionally. curriculum vitae is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'curriculum vitae'
British English: curriculum vitae /kəˈrɪkjʊləm ˈviːtaɪ/ NOUN
A curriculum vitae is a brief written account of your personal details, your education, and jobs you have had, which you send when you are applying for a job. The abbreviation `CV' is also used.
- American English: curriculum vitae
- Arabic: سِيرَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: curriculum vitae
- Chinese: 简历
- Croatian: životopis
- Czech: životopis profesní
- Danish: curriculum vitae
- Dutch: curriculum vitae
- European Spanish: currículum vítae
- Finnish: ansioluettelo
- French: curriculum vitae
- German: Lebenslauf
- Greek: βιογραφικό σημείωμα
- Italian: curriculum vitae
- Japanese: 履歴書
- Korean: 이력서
- Norwegian: CV
- Polish: życiorys
- European Portuguese: curriculum vitae
- Romanian: curriculum vitae
- Russian: резюме
- Spanish: curriculum vitae
- Swedish: meritförteckning
- Thai: ประวัติส่วนตัว
- Turkish: özgeçmiş
- Ukrainian: резюме
- Vietnamese: sơ yếu lý lịch
Definition of curriculum vitae from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.