Definition of 'curriculum vitae'
Trends of 'curriculum vitae'
Used Occasionally. curriculum vitae is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'curriculum vitae'
British English: curriculum vitae /kəˈrɪkjʊləm ˈviːtaɪ/ NOUN
A curriculum vitae is a brief written account of your personal details, your education, and jobs you have had, which you send when you are applying for a job. The abbreviation `CV' is also used.
- American English: curriculum vitae
- Arabic: سِيرَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: curriculum vitae
- Chinese: 简历
- Croatian: životopis
- Czech: životopis profesní
- Danish: curriculum vitae
- Dutch: curriculum vitae
- European Spanish: currículum vítae
- Finnish: ansioluettelo
- French: curriculum vitae
- German: Lebenslauf
- Greek: βιογραφικό σημείωμα
- Italian: curriculum vitae
- Japanese: 履歴書
- Korean: 이력서
- Norwegian: CV
- Polish: życiorys
- European Portuguese: curriculum vitae
- Romanian: curriculum vitae
- Russian: резюме
- Spanish: curriculum vitae
- Swedish: meritförteckning
- Thai: ประวัติส่วนตัว
- Turkish: özgeçmiş
- Ukrainian: резюме
- Vietnamese: sơ yếu lý lịch
Definition of curriculum vitae from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.