Definition of 'cut up'
Example sentences containing 'cut up'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Translations for 'cut up'
British English: cut up /kʌt ʌp/ VERB
If you cut something up, you cut it into several pieces.
Halve the tomatoes, then cut them up.
- American English: cut up
- Arabic: يُقَطِّعُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: cortar em pedaços
- Chinese: 切碎
- Croatian: izrezati
- Czech: rozkrájet
- Danish: skære op
- Dutch: in stukken snijden
- European Spanish: cortar en pedazos
- Finnish: pilkkoa
- French: découper
- German: zerschneiden
- Greek: κόβω σε κομμάτια
- Italian: tagliare a pezzetti
- Japanese: 切り分ける
- Korean: 잘게 자르다
- Norwegian: skjære opp
- Polish: pokroić
- European Portuguese: cortar em pedaços
- Romanian: a tăia în bucăți
- Russian: разрезать
- Spanish: cortar en pedazos
- Swedish: uppröra
- Thai: ตัดเป็นชิ้นๆ
- Turkish: parçalara bölmek
- Ukrainian: розрізати
- Vietnamese: cắt ra từng mảnh
Definition of cut up from the Collins English Dictionary
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.