Definition of 'Czech Republic'
Translations for 'Czech Republic'
British English: Czech Republic /tʃɛk rɪˈpʌblɪk/ NOUN
The Czech Republic is a country in central Europe.
- American English: Czech Republic
- Arabic: جمهورية التشيك
- Brazilian Portuguese: República Checa
- Chinese: 捷克共和国
- Croatian: Češka
- Czech: Česká republika
- Danish: Tjekkiet
- Dutch: Tsjechische Republiek
- European Spanish: República Checa
- Finnish: Tšekin tasavalta
- French: République tchèque
- German: Tschechische Republik
- Greek: Τσεχία
- Italian: Repubblica Ceca
- Japanese: チェコ共和国
- Korean: 체코 공화국
- Norwegian: Tsjekkia
- Polish: Republika Czeska
- European Portuguese: República Checa
- Romanian: Republica Cehă
- Russian: Чешская республика
- Spanish: República Checa
- Swedish: Tjeckien
- Thai: สาธารณรัฐเช็ค
- Turkish: Çek Cumhuriyeti
- Ukrainian: Чеська Республіка
- Vietnamese: nước Cộng hòa Séc
Definition of Czech Republic from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.