Definition of 'data processing'
Translations for 'data processing'
British English: data processing NOUN
Data processing is the series of operations that are carried out on data, especially by computers, in order to present, interpret, or obtain information.
His company makes data-processing systems.
- American English: data processing
- Brazilian Portuguese: processamento de dados
- Chinese: 数据处理
- European Spanish: procesamiento de datos
- French: traitement de données
- German: Datenverarbeitung
- Italian: elaborazione elettronica dei dati
- Japanese: データ処理
- Korean: 데이터 처리
- European Portuguese: processamento de dados
- Spanish: procesamiento de datos
Definition of data processing from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.