Definition of 'data processing'
Translations for 'data processing'
British English: data processing NOUN
Data processing is the series of operations that are carried out on data, especially by computers, in order to present, interpret, or obtain information.
His company makes data-processing systems.
- American English: data processing
- Brazilian Portuguese: processamento de dados
- Chinese: 数据处理
- European Spanish: procesamiento de datos
- French: traitement de données
- German: Datenverarbeitung
- Italian: elaborazione elettronica dei dati
- Japanese: データ処理
- Korean: 데이터 처리
- European Portuguese: processamento de dados
- Spanish: procesamiento de datos
Definition of data processing from the Collins English Dictionary
Fed up with the great British weather? Here’s how to afford that dream summer escape
From planning early to knowing where to look, these top tips will help you fulfil your summer holiday desires
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.