Definition of 'day return'
Example sentences containing 'day return'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The institute also preserves the bodies of 100 cats and dogs and other pets whose owners hope they may one day return to life. Times, Sunday Times (2016)Their families had lived in hope that they would one day return alive. The Sun (2008)The challenge of making the happy days return is one that could be immensely rewarding. Times, Sunday Times (2015)He also harboured hopes of one day returning to Russia. Times, Sunday Times (2012)Buy your tickets before Wednesday to get the discount on standard anytime return and day return tickets. The Sun (2011)His next project will be a cultural history of India but he may one day return to Scotland. Times, Sunday Times (2013)
Trends of 'day return'
Used Rarely. day return is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'day return'
British English: day return /deɪ rɪˈtɜːn/ NOUN
A day return is a train or bus ticket which allows you to go somewhere and come back on the same day for a lower price than an ordinary return ticket.
- American English: one-day round-trip ticket
- Arabic: تَذْكِرَةُ ذِهَابٍ وَعَوْدَةٍ فِي نَفْسُ اليَوْم
- Brazilian Portuguese: bilhete de ida e volta
- Chinese: 当天往返
- Croatian: jednodnevna povratna karta
- Czech: celodenní zpáteční jízdenka
- Danish: endagsreturbillet
- Dutch: dagretourtje
- European Spanish: billete de ida y vuelta en el día
- Finnish: saman päivän meno-paluulippu
- French: aller-retour à la journée
- German: Tagesrückfahrkarte
- Greek: ημερήσιο εισιτήριο
- Italian: biglietto di andata e ritorno in giornata
- Japanese: 日帰り往復割引切符
- Korean: 당일 왕복표
- Norwegian: returbillett samme dag
- Polish: bilet powrotny
- European Portuguese: bilhete de ida e volta
- Romanian: bilet de o zi
- Russian: однодневный билет в оба конца
- Spanish: tiquete de ida y vuelta en el día
- Swedish: tur och returbiljett för återresa samma dag
- Thai: ไปกลับในหนึ่งวัน
- Turkish: günlük bilet
- Ukrainian: зворотній квиток на той самий день
- Vietnamese: vé khứ hồi trong ngày
Definition of day return from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Collocations are words that are often used together and are brilliant at providing natural sounding language for your speech and writing.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.