Definition of 'death squad'
Trends of 'death squad'
Used Rarely. death squad is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'death squad'
British English: death squad NOUN
Death squads are groups of people who operate illegally and carry out the killing of people such as their political opponents or criminals.
- American English: death squad
- Brazilian Portuguese: grupo de extermínio
- Chinese: 暗杀团
- European Spanish: escuadrón de la muerte
- French: escadron de la mort
- German: Todeskommando
- Italian: squadrone della morte
- Japanese: 暗殺団
- Korean: 암살단
- European Portuguese: grupo de extermínio
- Spanish: escuadrón de la muerte
Definition of death squad from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.