Definition of 'deputy head'
Example sentences containing 'deputy head'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
But within three years he had advanced to become deputy head of the department. Times, Sunday Times (2009)We appointed two new heads and deputy heads. Times, Sunday Times (2006)As deputy head of the new school, he has been involved in designing the curriculum. Times, Sunday Times (2011)I was recently a member of a primary school governors' panel charged with appointing a new deputy head. Times, Sunday Times (2012)
Trends of 'deputy head'
Used Occasionally. deputy head is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'deputy head'
British English: deputy head /ˈdɛpjʊtɪ hɛd/ NOUN
The deputy head of a school is the second most important person after the head teacher.
- American English: assistant principal
- Arabic: نَائِب
- Brazilian Portuguese: subchefe
- Chinese: 副首领
- Croatian: zamjenik direktora
- Czech: zástupce ředitele
- Danish: viceskoleinspektør
- Dutch: plaatsvervangend hoofd
- European Spanish: subdirector
- Finnish: varajohtaja
- French: directeur adjoint
- German: stellvertretender Leiter
- Greek: αναπληρωτής διευθυντής
- Italian: vicedirettore
- Japanese: 課長補佐
- Korean: 교감 학교
- Norwegian: skoleinspektør
- Polish: delegat
- European Portuguese: chefe adjunto
- Romanian: director adjunct
- Russian: заместитель руководителя
- Spanish: subdirector
- Swedish: vicerektor
- Thai: รองอาจารย์ใหญ่
- Turkish: müdür yardımcısı
- Ukrainian: заступник керівника
- Vietnamese: phó
Definition of deputy head from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.