Definition of 'digital television'
Trends of 'digital television'
Used Rarely. digital television is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'digital television'
British English: digital television /ˈdɪdʒɪtl ˌtɛlɪˈvɪʒn/ NOUN
Digital television is television in which the signals are transmitted in digital form and received by the television receiver.
At present only 31 percent of the population has access to digital television.
- American English: digital television
- Arabic: تليفزيون رَقْمِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: televisão digital
- Chinese: 数码电视
- Croatian: digitalna televizija
- Czech: digitální televize
- Danish: digital-tv
- Dutch: digitale televisie
- European Spanish: televisión digital
- Finnish: digitaalinen televisio
- French: télévision numérique
- German: Digitalfernsehen
- Greek: ψηφιακή τηλεόραση
- Italian: televisione digitale
- Japanese: デジタルテレビ
- Korean: 디지털 텔레비전
- Norwegian: digital tv
- Polish: telewizja cyfrowa
- European Portuguese: televisão digital
- Romanian: televiziune digitală
- Russian: цифровое телевидение
- Spanish: televisión digital
- Swedish: digital-tv
- Thai: โทรทัศน์ดิจิตัล
- Turkish: dijital televizyon
- Ukrainian: цифрове телебачення
- Vietnamese: truyền hình kỹ thuật số
Definition of digital television from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.