Definition of 'digital television'
Trends of 'digital television'
Used Rarely. digital television is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'digital television'
British English: digital television /ˈdɪdʒɪtl ˌtɛlɪˈvɪʒn/ NOUN
Digital television is television in which the signals are transmitted in digital form and received by the television receiver.
At present only 31 percent of the population has access to digital television.
- American English: digital television
- Arabic: تليفزيون رَقْمِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: televisão digital
- Chinese: 数码电视
- Croatian: digitalna televizija
- Czech: digitální televize
- Danish: digital-tv
- Dutch: digitale televisie
- European Spanish: televisión digital
- Finnish: digitaalinen televisio
- French: télévision numérique
- German: Digitalfernsehen
- Greek: ψηφιακή τηλεόραση
- Italian: televisione digitale
- Japanese: デジタルテレビ
- Korean: 디지털 텔레비전
- Norwegian: digital tv
- Polish: telewizja cyfrowa
- European Portuguese: televisão digital
- Romanian: televiziune digitală
- Russian: цифровое телевидение
- Spanish: televisión digital
- Swedish: digital-tv
- Thai: โทรทัศน์ดิจิตัล
- Turkish: dijital televizyon
- Ukrainian: цифрове телебачення
- Vietnamese: truyền hình kỹ thuật số
Definition of digital television from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.