Definition of 'digital television'
Trends of 'digital television'
Used Rarely. digital television is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'digital television'
British English: digital television /ˈdɪdʒɪtl ˌtɛlɪˈvɪʒn/ NOUN
Digital television is television in which the signals are transmitted in digital form and received by the television receiver.
At present only 31 percent of the population has access to digital television.
- American English: digital television
- Arabic: تليفزيون رَقْمِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: televisão digital
- Chinese: 数码电视
- Croatian: digitalna televizija
- Czech: digitální televize
- Danish: digital-tv
- Dutch: digitale televisie
- European Spanish: televisión digital
- Finnish: digitaalinen televisio
- French: télévision numérique
- German: Digitalfernsehen
- Greek: ψηφιακή τηλεόραση
- Italian: televisione digitale
- Japanese: デジタルテレビ
- Korean: 디지털 텔레비전
- Norwegian: digital tv
- Polish: telewizja cyfrowa
- European Portuguese: televisão digital
- Romanian: televiziune digitală
- Russian: цифровое телевидение
- Spanish: televisión digital
- Swedish: digital-tv
- Thai: โทรทัศน์ดิจิตัล
- Turkish: dijital televizyon
- Ukrainian: цифрове телебачення
- Vietnamese: truyền hình kỹ thuật số
Definition of digital television from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.