Definition of 'digital television'
Trends of 'digital television'
Used Rarely. digital television is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'digital television'
British English: digital television /ˈdɪdʒɪtl ˌtɛlɪˈvɪʒn/ NOUN
Digital television is television in which the signals are transmitted in digital form and received by the television receiver.
At present only 31 percent of the population has access to digital television.
- American English: digital television
- Arabic: تليفزيون رَقْمِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: televisão digital
- Chinese: 数码电视
- Croatian: digitalna televizija
- Czech: digitální televize
- Danish: digital-tv
- Dutch: digitale televisie
- European Spanish: televisión digital
- Finnish: digitaalinen televisio
- French: télévision numérique
- German: Digitalfernsehen
- Greek: ψηφιακή τηλεόραση
- Italian: televisione digitale
- Japanese: デジタルテレビ
- Korean: 디지털 텔레비전
- Norwegian: digital tv
- Polish: telewizja cyfrowa
- European Portuguese: televisão digital
- Romanian: televiziune digitală
- Russian: цифровое телевидение
- Spanish: televisión digital
- Swedish: digital-tv
- Thai: โทรทัศน์ดิจิตัล
- Turkish: dijital televizyon
- Ukrainian: цифрове телебачення
- Vietnamese: truyền hình kỹ thuật số
Definition of digital television from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
Audrey Brow, Unicorn Farts & Space Grease: June’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this June with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.