Definition of 'disinfectant'
Example sentences containing 'disinfectant'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Clean the area around the bite with antiseptic disinfectant. Times, Sunday Times (2007)When they come out they are sprayed with disinfectant and their suits burned. Times, Sunday Times (2014)Both were sprayed with disinfectant. Times, Sunday Times (2010)For the best results, you should clean the glass with a disinfectant solution and wipe away any residue with a clean sponge. The Sun (2015)Once, some police stop the bus and we are all emptied on to the verge while a man sprays disinfectant over the floor. Times, Sunday Times (2006)She was hurt by people's reactions, including a local shopkeeper who sprayed disinfectant around when he saw her mask. Times, Sunday Times (2010)
Trends of 'disinfectant'
Used Occasionally. disinfectant is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'disinfectant'
British English: disinfectant /ˌdɪsɪnˈfɛktənt/ NOUN
Disinfectant is a substance that kills germs.
They washed their hands with disinfectant.
- American English: disinfectant
- Arabic: مُبِيدُ الـجَرَاثِيم
- Brazilian Portuguese: desinfetante
- Chinese: 消毒剂
- Croatian: dezinfekcijsko sredstvo
- Czech: dezinfekční prostředek
- Danish: desinfektionsmiddel
- Dutch: ontsmettingsmiddel
- European Spanish: desinfectante
- Finnish: desinfiointiaine
- French: désinfectant
- German: Desinfektionsmittel
- Greek: απολυμαντικό
- Italian: disinfettante
- Japanese: 消毒剤
- Korean: 소독제
- Norwegian: desinfeksjonsmiddel
- Polish: środek dezynfekujący
- European Portuguese: desinfetante
- Romanian: dezinfectant
- Russian: дезинфицирующее средство
- Spanish: desinfectante
- Swedish: desinfektionsmedel
- Thai: สารที่ใช้ฆ่าเชื้อโรค
- Turkish: dezenfektan
- Ukrainian: дезінфікуючий засіб
- Vietnamese: chất tẩy uế
Definition of disinfectant from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.