Definition of 'dry cleaner'
Translations for 'dry cleaner'
British English: dry cleaner /draɪ ˈkliːnə/ NOUN
A dry cleaner or a dry cleaner's is a shop where dry-cleaning is done.
- American English: dry-cleaner's
- Arabic: مَحَلُّ التَّنْظِيفِ الـجافّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: lavanderia a seco
- Chinese: 干洗店
- Croatian: kemijska čistonica
- Czech: čistírna
- Danish: renseri
- Dutch: stomerij
- European Spanish: tintorería
- Finnish: kuivapesula
- French: pressing
- German: chemische Reinigung
- Greek: καθαριστήριο
- Italian: tintoria
- Japanese: ドライクリーニング屋
- Korean: 세탁소
- Norwegian: renseri
- Polish: pralnia chemiczna
- European Portuguese: lavandaria a seco
- Romanian: curățătorie chimică
- Russian: химчистка
- Spanish: tintorería
- Swedish: kemtvätteri
- Thai: ร้านซักแห้ง
- Turkish: kuru temizleyici
- Ukrainian: хімчистка
- Vietnamese: hiệu giặt khô là hơi
Definition of dry cleaner from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.