Definition of 'eastbound'
Trends of 'eastbound'
Used Rarely. eastbound is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'eastbound'
British English: eastbound /ˈiːstˌbaʊnd/ ADJECTIVE
Eastbound roads or vehicles lead to or are travelling towards the east.
He caught an eastbound train to the city.
- American English: eastbound
- Arabic: شَرْقِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: em direção a leste
- Chinese: 朝东的
- Croatian: prema istoku
- Czech: směřující na východ
- Danish: østgående
- Dutch: in oostelijke richting
- European Spanish: hacia el este
- Finnish: itään menevä
- French: en direction de l'est
- German: Richtung Osten
- Greek: προς ανατολάς
- Italian: verso est
- Japanese: 東行きの
- Korean: 동쪽으로 가는
- Norwegian: østgående
- Polish: kierujący się na wschód
- European Portuguese: em direcção a leste
- Romanian: tren care merge spre est
- Russian: движущийся на восток
- Spanish: hacia el este
- Swedish: östgående
- Thai: ซึ่งเดินทางไปทางด้านตะวันออก
- Turkish: doğu yönünde
- Ukrainian: у східному напрямку
- Vietnamese: về hướng đông
Definition of eastbound from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.