Definition of 'ecofriendly'
Example sentences containing 'ecofriendly'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Leading figures have been queuing up to take a pop at this new ecofriendly era. The Sun (2014)We all know that cycling to work instead of taking the car is the ecofriendly thing to do. Times, Sunday Times (2007)It's all part of a new commitment to ecofriendly practices. Times, Sunday Times (2007)Fancy a brand-new, ecofriendly grand design? Times, Sunday Times (2014)So, what's really worth buying amid the crop of ecofriendly gardening products? Times, Sunday Times (2007)Soon ALL cars will be ecofriendly, so where will any money come from then? The Sun (2014)
Trends of 'ecofriendly'
Used Rarely. ecofriendly is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'ecofriendly'
British English: ecofriendly /ˈiːkəʊˌfrɛndlɪ/ ADJECTIVE
Ecofriendly products or services are less harmful to the environment than other similar products or services.
...ecofriendly soaps and toothpastes
- American English: ecofriendly
- Arabic: صَدِيقٌ لِلبِيئَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: favorável ao meio-ambiente
- Chinese: 生态友好型
- Croatian: ekološki pogodan
- Czech: šetrný k životnímu prostředí
- Danish: miljøvenlig
- Dutch: ecovriendelijk
- European Spanish: respetuoso con el medio ambiente
- Finnish: ympäristöystävällinen
- French: respectueux de l’environnement
- German: umweltfreundlich
- Greek: φιλικός προς το περιβάλλον
- Italian: rispettoso dell'ambiente
- Japanese: 環境にやさしい
- Korean: 친환경적인
- Norwegian: miljøvennlig
- Polish: przyjazny dla środowiska
- European Portuguese: amigo do ambiente
- Romanian: prietenos cu mediul
- Russian: безвредный для окружающей среды
- Spanish: respetuoso con el medio ambiente
- Swedish: miljövänlig
- Thai: ที่ไม่ทำความเสียหายกับสภาพแวดล้อม
- Turkish: çevre dostu
- Ukrainian: екологічний
- Vietnamese: thân thiện với môi sinh
British English: eco-friendly ADJECTIVE
Eco-friendly products or services are less harmful to the environment than other similar products or services.
...eco-friendly washing powder.
Definition of ecofriendly from the Collins English Dictionary
Fed up with the great British weather? Here’s how to afford that dream summer escape
From planning early to knowing where to look, these top tips will help you fulfil your summer holiday desires
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.