Definition of 'elementary school'
Example sentences containing 'elementary school'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Trends of 'elementary school'
Used Occasionally. elementary school is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'elementary school'
British English: elementary school /ˌɛlɪˈmɛntərɪ skuːl/ NOUN
An elementary school is a school where children are taught for the first six or sometimes eight years of their education.
He is in his fourth year of elementary school.
- American English: elementary school
- Arabic: مَدْرَسَةٌ اِبْتِدَائِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: escola primária
- Chinese: 小学
- Croatian: osnovna škola
- Czech: základní škola
- Danish: grundskole
- Dutch: basisschool
- European Spanish: escuela primaria
- Finnish: alakoulu
- French: école élémentaire
- German: Grundschule
- Greek: δημοτικό σχολείο
- Italian: scuola elementare
- Japanese: 小学校
- Korean: 초등학교
- Norwegian: grunnskole
- Polish: szkoła podstawowa
- European Portuguese: escola primária
- Romanian: școală elementară
- Russian: начальная школа
- Spanish: escuela primaria
- Swedish: grundskola
- Thai: โรงเรียนระดับประถมศึกษา
- Turkish: ilkokul
- Ukrainian: початкова школа
- Vietnamese: trường tiểu học
Definition of elementary school from the Collins English Dictionary
Take better control of your finances with these simple steps
Do you find yourself living paycheque to paycheque? Dr Peter Brooks offers his advice to make that money last
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.