Definition of 'emergency exit'
Translations for 'emergency exit'
British English: emergency exit /ɪˈmɜːdʒensɪ ˈɛksɪt/ NOUN
The emergency exit in a building or on a vehicle is a special doorway that is to be used only in an emergency.
- American English: emergency exit
- Arabic: مَخْرَجُ الطَّوَارِئ
- Brazilian Portuguese: saída de emergência
- Chinese: 紧急出口
- Croatian: izlaz u slučaju nužde
- Czech: nouzový východ
- Danish: nødudgang
- Dutch: nooduitgang
- European Spanish: salida de emergencia
- Finnish: hätäuloskäynti
- French: sortie de secours
- German: Notausgang
- Greek: έξοδος κινδύνου
- Italian: uscita d’emergenza
- Japanese: 非常口
- Korean: 비상구
- Norwegian: nødutgang
- Polish: wyjście bezpieczeństwa
- European Portuguese: saída de emergência
- Romanian: ieșire de urgență
- Russian: аварийный выход
- Spanish: salida de emergencia
- Swedish: nödutgång
- Thai: ทางออกฉุกเฉิน
- Turkish: acil çıkış kapısı
- Ukrainian: аварійний вихід
- Vietnamese: cửa thoát hiểm
Definition of emergency exit from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.