Definition of 'engagement ring'
Example sentences containing 'engagement ring'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
He still wears his engagement ring on the same finger as his wedding band. Times, Sunday Times (2012)A woman used her engagement ring to cut herself free after she was buried alive in a cardboard box by her fiancé, a court heard yesterday. Times, Sunday Times (2011)
Trends of 'engagement ring'
Used Rarely. engagement ring is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'engagement ring'
British English: engagement ring /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒmənt rɪŋ/ NOUN
An engagement ring is a ring worn by a woman when she has agreed to marry someone.
- American English: engagement ring
- Arabic: خَاتَـمُ الـخُطُوبَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: anel de noivado
- Chinese: 订婚戒指
- Croatian: zaručnički prsten
- Czech: zásnubní prsten
- Danish: forlovelsesring
- Dutch: verlovingsring
- European Spanish: anillo de pedida
- Finnish: kihlasormus
- French: bague de fiançailles
- German: Verlobungsring
- Greek: δαχτυλίδι αρραβώνων
- Italian: anello di fidanzamento
- Japanese: 婚約指輪
- Korean: 약혼 반지
- Norwegian: forlovelsesring
- Polish: pierścionek zaręczynowy
- European Portuguese: anel de noivado
- Romanian: inel de logodnă
- Russian: обручальное кольцо
- Spanish: anillo de compromiso
- Swedish: förlovningsring
- Thai: แหวนหมั้น
- Turkish: nişan yüzüğü
- Ukrainian: обручка
- Vietnamese: nhẫn hứa hôn
Definition of engagement ring from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.