Definition of 'estate agent'
Example sentences containing 'estate agent'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Recognizing the mischief in the estate agent 's tone, Arnold refused to rise to the bait. A TROUT IN THE MILK (2002)The keys, which they had picked up on the way past the estate agent, were lying on the glove shelf. HIDING FROM THE LIGHT (2002)Wes'd just that second walked in there with the estate agent. BEHINDLINGS (2002)
Trends of 'estate agent'
Used Occasionally. estate agent is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'estate agent'
British English: estate agent /ɪˈsteɪt ˈeɪdʒənt/ NOUN
An estate agent is someone who works for a company selling houses and land.
- American English: real estate agent
- Arabic: سِمْسَار عَقَارات
- Brazilian Portuguese: corretor de imóvel
- Chinese: 房地产经纪人
- Croatian: trgovac nekretninama
- Czech: realitní agent
- Danish: ejendomsmægler
- Dutch: makelaar
- European Spanish: agente inmobiliario
- Finnish: kiinteistönvälittäjä
- French: agent immobilier
- German: Immobilienhändler
- Greek: κτηματομεσίτης
- Italian: agente immobiliare
- Japanese: 不動産屋
- Korean: 부동산 중개인
- Norwegian: eiendomsmekler
- Polish: pośrednik handlu nieruchomościami
- European Portuguese: agente imobiliário
- Romanian: agent imobiliar
- Russian: агент по продаже недвижимости
- Spanish: agente inmobiliario
- Swedish: fastighetsmäklare
- Thai: คนที่ทำงานเกี่ยวกับขายบ้านและที่ดิน
- Turkish: emlakçı
- Ukrainian: агент із продажу нерухомості
- Vietnamese: đại lý bất động sản
Definition of estate agent from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.