Definition of 'flexitime'
Trends of 'flexitime'
Used Rarely. flexitime is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'flexitime'
British English: flexitime /ˈflɛksɪˌtaɪm/ NOUN
Flexitime is a system that allows employees to vary the time that they start or finish work, provided that an agreed total number of hours are spent at work.
I have recently introduced flexitime for all my staff.
- American English: flexitime
- Arabic: سَاعَاتُ عَمَلٍ مَرِنَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: horário de trabalho flexível
- Chinese: 弹性上班制
- Croatian: prilagodljivo radno vrijeme
- Czech: pružná pracovní doba
- Danish: flekstid
- Dutch: variabele werktijden
- European Spanish: horario flexible
- Finnish: liukuva työaika
- French: horaires flexibles
- German: Gleitzeit
- Greek: ευέλικτο ωράριο
- Italian: orario flessibile
- Japanese: フレックスタイム
- Korean: 탄력근무제
- Norwegian: fleksitid
- Polish: ruchomy czas pracy
- European Portuguese: horário de trabalho flexível
- Romanian: program flexibil
- Russian: скользящий график
- Spanish: horario flexible
- Swedish: flextid
- Thai: เวลาที่ยืดหยุ่นได้
- Turkish: esnek çalışma saati
- Ukrainian: вільний графік
- Vietnamese: giờ làm việc linh hoạt
Definition of flexitime from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.