Definition of 'fuse box'
Trends of 'fuse box'
Used Rarely. fuse box is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'fuse box'
British English: fuse box /fjuːz bɒks/ NOUN
The fuse box is the box that contains the fuses for all the electric circuits in a building. It is usually fixed to a wall.
- American English: fuse box
- Arabic: عُلْبَةُ الـمِصْهَر
- Brazilian Portuguese: caixa de fusíveis
- Chinese: 保险丝盒
- Croatian: razvodna kutija
- Czech: skříňka s pojistkami
- Danish: sikringsskab
- Dutch: zekeringkast
- European Spanish: caja de los plomos
- Finnish: sulakelaatikko
- French: boîte à fusibles
- German: Sicherungskasten
- Greek: κουτί ασφαλειών
- Italian: scatola dei fusibili
- Japanese: ヒューズボックス
- Korean: 두꺼비집
- Norwegian: sikringsskap
- Polish: skrzynka z bezpiecznikami
- European Portuguese: caixa de fusíveis
- Romanian: tablou de siguranțe
- Russian: электрощит
- Spanish: caja de fusibles
- Swedish: säkringsskåp
- Thai: กล่องฟิวส์
- Turkish: sigorta kutusu
- Ukrainian: електричний щиток
- Vietnamese: hộp cầu chì
Definition of fuse box from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.