1. the act of one who goesusually used in compounds
2. a leaving; departure
3. the condition of the ground or land as it affects traveling, walking, etc.
5. Slang current situation or course of events in any given area, time, or sphere
⇒ tough going in the stock market these days
8. in existence or available
⇒ the best bet going
9. commonly accepted; current
⇒ the going rate for plumbers
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition, compiled by the
editors of Webster’s New World Dictionaries. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton
Mifflin Harcourt. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.