Definition of 'green card'
Trends of 'green card'
Used Rarely. green card is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'green card'
British English: green card NOUN
A green card is a document showing that someone who is not a citizen has permission to live and work there in a certain country.
She married him so she could get a green card.
- American English: green card
- Brazilian Portuguese: visto permanente de imigração dos Estados Unidos
- Chinese: 绿卡 >允许外国公民在美国生活和工作的证件
- European Spanish: permiso de trabajo y residencia para extranjeros en Estados Unidos
- French: permis de travail
- German: Greencard
- Italian: permesso di soggiorno e di lavoro
- Japanese: グリーンカード
- Korean: >영주권미국의
- European Portuguese: visto permanente de imigração dos Estados Unidos
- Spanish: permiso de trabajo y residencia para extranjeros en Estados Unidos
Definition of green card from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Now is the perfect time to start thinking ahead. Here’s how a busy family can take control of their financial future
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.