Definition of 'greetings card'
Translations for 'greetings card'
British English: greetings card /ˈɡriːtɪŋz kɑːd/ NOUN
A greetings card is a folded card with a picture on the front and greetings inside that you give or send to someone, for example on their birthday.
- American English: greeting card
- Arabic: بِطَاقَةٌ تَهْنِئَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: cartão comemorativo
- Chinese: 贺卡
- Croatian: čestitka
- Czech: přání pohlednice
- Danish: lykønskningskort
- Dutch: wenskaart
- European Spanish: tarjeta de felicitación
- Finnish: onnittelukortti
- French: carte de vœux
- German: Grußkarte
- Greek: ευχετήρια κάρτα
- Italian: biglietto d'auguri
- Japanese: グリーティングカード
- Korean: 카드
- Norwegian: gratulasjonskort
- Polish: kartka z życzeniami
- European Portuguese: cartão comemorativo
- Romanian: felicitare
- Russian: поздравительная открытка
- Spanish: tarjeta de felicitación
- Swedish: gratulationskort
- Thai: บัตรอวยพร
- Turkish: tebrik kartı
- Ukrainian: листівка
- Vietnamese: bưu thiếp
Definition of greetings card from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.